Primer about Performativity and the Social Studies of Finance: PDW at the Academy of Management (Friday, August 8, 12:15 – 3:15)
August 5, 2011
Grad students interested in SSF who are planning to attend the AoM this year maybe interested in the Professional Development Workshop (PDW) that Daniel Beunza and me (Yuval Millo) are doing there. If you are interested to come, please send an email to Daniel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or talk to one of us on the day, before the workshop.
The PDW is on Friday August 12 at theSan AntonioConvention Center, Room 207A and below is the schedule.
Hope to see some of you there!
12:15 – 1:15
Primer about Performativity and the Social Studies of Finance: The field’s state of the art
- Yuval Millo (LSE): Presentation about model-based performativity, Market Devices and Methods in SS (15 min.)
Q&A – 10 min.
- Daniel Beunza (LSE): Presentation about Materiality of Market and related topics (15 min.)
Q&A – 10 min.
1:15 – 2:00
Selected presentations by participants (15 min. each, followed by 10 min Q&A)
- Fabrizzio Ferraro (IESEBusinessSchool)
- Joon Nak Choi (StanfordUniversity)
2:00 – 2:15:
2:15 – 3:15: Presentations of empirical papers by organizers (15 min. each, followed by 10 min Q&A)
- Daniel Beunza: The Organization of Liquidity
- Yuval Millo: Impersonal Efficiency and The Dangers of a Fully Automated Securities Exchange
- Summary of the PDW