ESRC Seminar Series: Financial Modelling Post-2008: Where Next? Seminar 1
October 23, 2012
Date: 28-29 November 2012
This is the first seminar in a four seminar series. The series will involve leading experts presenting papers on two key themes which are absolutely central in financial modelling: distributional assumptions and efficiency. The conference series will tie these two key themes to the events of the 2008 financial crisis. It will attempt to shed light on how financial modelling can possibly be re-interpreted in light of the 2008 crisis.
This particular seminar deals with the legal/historical origins of the 2008 crisis and is organised by Professor Molyneux (co-investigator), Bangor University.
Amongst the confirmed key note speakers are:
- Professor Rousseau, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Professor. Deakin, Cambridge University
- Professor Steven Ongena, Tilburg University, the Netherlands
- Professor Ian Tonks, University of Bath
- Dr Rhiannon Sowerbutts, Bank of England.